The Story Behind This Wedding Photo Of Newlyweds Will Surely Make You Cry
Weddings are always an emotional experience. Tears of joy are shed and laughter is shared during this special, life-changing moment. But for the newlywed couple Celia and Geff Kinzel, it’s more than that. For them, their wedding is not only a union of their names, body and soul but also a way cherish the moments they have left with their son Logan who is being treated for Stage 4 brain cancer.
Geff and Celia exchanged vows in the chapel of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, OH. This is the hospital where their son is admitted and being treated for brain cancer. The wedding photo of them, wherein Geff was seen carrying Logan while Celia is assisting with the medical apparatus back to his room after their wedding, has gone viral.
Celia’s mom was the one who took the photo and shared it online.
“This picture I snapped is of Celia and Geff taking Logan back to his room,” Celia’s mom, Megan Dempsey, said in one interview. “It speaks to me of bravery, love, and the ability to find joy and happiness in almost any situation.”
Sometimes when you can't come to the wedding, the wedding comes to you.
Logan was diagnosed with Stage 4 Medulloblastoma a year ago. He immediately underwent brain surgery and sessions of chemotherapy to remove a tumor. Unfortunately, his cancer had returned with multiple tumors on his brain down to his spinal cord. The family are really devastated with the news and they spent most of their time in the hospital with Logan.
Megan Dempsey also added that they are very happy that Logan made it to the wedding. It was a really nice and heartwarming moment for Celia and Geff to share their special day with him and his 4 year old brother.
Couple Celia and Geff got engaged in 2015 and planned their wedding for 2018. But because of the turn of events, they moved their plans this year so Logan could be a part of their special moment.
“Everyone was really touched by [the photo]. I really hope from all of this, that it does bring awareness to pediatric cancer,” Celia told in an interview. “Before this happened to Logan, I thought it was rare. I hope this sheds some light on it and people see that it’s common.”
Read other wedding stories
- Dangerous Yet Stunning Spots for Dream Wedding Photo Shoot: Storm Chaser & Meteorologist Wedding
- You Won’t Believe What Happen to this Couple’s Wedding in New Zealand
- This Harry Potter-Inspired Wedding Gift a Husband Made for His Wife Is So Amazing!
- Special Education Teacher Invited Her Students to Her Wedding, And the Result Was So Tear-jerking!
- This Woman’s All-Male Bridal Party Is So Amazing and Hilarious! Look How Cute The Photos Are!
- Bride Broke Down To Tears After Receiving This ULTIMATE Gift from Her Mom
- Wow, These Wedding Photographs Are Totally Awesome! Look At Those Eyes!